Tommy Wonder is a legendary close-up magician whose influence on close-up and stage magic spans over 40 years. He is noted for many celebrated close-up effects, most of which have been published in his seminal work, The Books of Wonder, along with original diagrams and prop descriptions.
One of Tommy Wonder's oldest and best-known effects is The Two-Cup Routine published in 1977 (Original Magic from Holland), 1983 (Tommy Wonder Entertains) and, finally, in The Books of Wonder in 1996.
The Two-Cup routine has been honed for 20 years, and finally made its mark in the history of Cups and Balls. It has a poetic mood, superb technique, and perfect misdirection.
You probably haven't seen anyone do this before other than Tommy Wonder, and one of the main reasons is that it's hard to find a perfect set of cups and bag.
After substantial research and development, Bluether Magic now offers to the magic fraternity, with permission of The Tommy Wonder Estate, an exact replica of the props described by Tommy Wonder for use in The Two-Cup Routine. Knowing how important these props were to Tommy Wonder's routines, we have reconstructed the props for The Two-Cup Routine with the utmost care and detail.
"This is an impressive set. The cups are petite enough to be used anywhere, yet have a very pleasurable and solid weight in the hands. They are well balanced to allow any move you can think of. These cups will last for more than one lifetime."
- Tom Stone
WHAT YOU RECEIVE:
2 HIGH QUALITY BRASS CUPS:
- Diameter of the bottom of the cup: 40 mm (margin of error ± 0.8 mm)
- Diameter of cup mouth: 65 mm (margin of error ± 0.9 mm)
- Height: 80 mm (margin of error ± 0.7 mm)
- Weight: 140 g (margin of error ± 5 g)
- Crochet balls in the bright orange thread described by Tommy Wonder and shown in the routine.
- The specially knitted carrying bag made from a blue sock-type yarn, fabricated so that it will stretch to fit the cups as well as compress to fit in the cups for the final load.
- The large blue pom-pom is made to The Books of Wonder's exact specifications with a precision-made clasp used to attach the pom-pom to the bag, allowing for the quick release required by the routine.
- Bluether Magic has been granted the rights to produce the props, but have not been granted the rights to the routine or to provide an alternative routine. Bluether Magic has secured with the permission of the owner of two original videos taken at the 1985 Illinois and 1989 Japan original lectures by the fabulous Tommy Wonder in which he demonstrates the routine and explains some of the moves and the psychology behind the moves. This wonderful material, in conjunction with the information in The Books of Wonder, will allow the owner of these fine props to present the amazing Two-Cup Routine.